Skopje has recently joined the extremely selective club of cultural and creative cities, which have the status of a privileged partner of the Belgian city of Mons - European Capital of Culture for 2015. Skopje will join in this network several leaders of world culture such as Paris, Rome, Siena, Riga, Mons and Plzen, San Sebastian (European Capital of Culture in 2016), Avignon (the world's largest theater festival) and many others.
There is no way you would be bored in a city like Skopje. A full calendar of music concerts, food expos, ballet, opera and theater shows attract hundreds of people every day. The Skopje jazz festival is held in the middle of October few days just before the start of the new season in the National theater and the Macedonian opera and ballet. Various daylight events such as Bob Marley Day, are organized in the city park, located right in the heart of the city nearby the National football arena „Philip II“. Every year, at the end of July, the city organizes a beerfest called "Pivolend" held at the Kale Fortress.
At night your options are limitless. Numbers of clubs, premier theater shows, fancy restaurants, intimate bars or parties on the City beach on Vardar River, there is plenty to choose from. No matter how you decide to spend your time in Skopje, you will have a unique experience that you will remember forever. If you decide to spend the New Year’s Eve in the capital city, you will witness over 5000 people having fun at one of the squares. The „Macedonia“ square has been the place to be on 31st December, but due to the final construction of the tallest monument on the Balkan Peninsula built in honor of Alexander the Great, this year the New Year’s Eve party will be held right under the Arc de Triomphe known as „Porta Makedonija“ on the „Pela“ square.
Sports Center „Boris Trajkovski“
- Gareth Emery; RE-born festival (20. 12. 2014)
Browse through insider tips and recommendations to make your navigation through Skopje even easier. Essential phone numbers, traveling how-to’s and useful information about how to make your stay more enjoyable. Also, some important words and phrases to get by in the city.
- The nutcracker (16. 12. 2014)
- Cosi fan tutte (17. 12. 2014)
- Jaws (16. 12. 2015)
- Captain John Peoplefox (17. 12. 2014)
- Archelaus or Euripides returns to the Balkan (18. 12. 2014)
- Sex, drugs, and rock & roll (19. 12. 2014)
- Heated tongues (20. 12. 2014)
- The man who ate the whole world (23. 12. 2014)
- Captain John Peoplefox (24. 12. 2014)
- Hamlet (25. 12. 2014)
- Living in narrow shoes (26. 12 2014)
- Whose are you (27. 12. 2014)
- Jubilee celebration (18. 12 2014)
- New year’s eve children’s celebration (21. 12. 2014)
- Star dust (24. 12. 2014)
- Akiko returns (22. 01. 2015)
- Cyrillic (29. 01. 2015)
- Dream, Faith, Love (13.02.2015)
- Russian night (19. 02. 2015)
- B squared (26. 02. 2015)
- Great classics (12. 03. 2015)
- Romantic bass arias (19. 03. 2015)
- Apotheosis of dance (02. 04. 2015)
- Days of Macedonian music (09. 04. 2015)
- Symphonic concert (23. 04. 2015)
- Spanish guitar (07. 05. 2015)
- Video game (14. 05. 2015)