The event 'Today is All Jazz' this year for the second time, organized by the Association of Jazz Musicians and Free Artists - ZJM Skopje, after last year when we were celebrating the jazz for 12 hours!
When? April 30th.
Location? Macedonian Philharmonic Orchestra
Why are we celebrating the International Jazz Day?
- Because jazz breaks barriers and creates opportunities for mutual understanding and tolerance;
- Jazz is a vector of freedom of expression;
- Jazz is a symbol of peace and unity;
- Jazz reduces tensions between individuals, groups and communities;
- Jazz encourages gender equality;
- Jazz strengthens the role of youth in social change;
- Jazz encourages artistic innovations, improvisations, new forms of expression and the inclusion of traditional musical forms in new ones;
- Jazz encourages intercultural dialogue and empowers young people from marginalized societies.